Students from cooler locales may find this weather overwhelming and find it harder to acclimate. Here are some tips:
- Refrain from physical activity during peak hours.
- If you must be outside, try to schedule activities in the early morning or late evening.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Park in shaded areas.
- Avoid heavy meals. Try eating smaller meals more frequently.
- Wear light-weight clothing and avoid dark colors.
- Keep yourself hydrated, even when you are not thirsty.
FYI: The Public Utility Commission of Texas has issued a yellow alert for electricity conservation.