Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Whodunit?

I went to Chick Fil-A for lunch the other day and noticed a familiar flavor missing from my chicken sandwich. After removing the lettuce and bun, I discovered there was no tomato. What! No Tomato? The meal wasn't quite the same, but remembered tomatoes were vanishing from menus all around the country due to a salmonella scare. I realized the missing tomato wasn't such a bad thing, but made me ponder the food safety in the United States. I remember the cat and dog food scare that sent pet owners into a frenzy in 2007, and passing up fresh spinach at the grocery store in 2006.

How safe is the food in your home country? Do you think the United States needs to tighten food safety restrictions?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/06/11/tomatoes.salmonella.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

No comments: