Welcome to the fall semester 2009! I hope you are off to a great start. I would like you to share your tips for success and please let the LSCS International Team know what we can do to improve services for you. Your opinions are highly valued. As the semester is just starting, I would like to share a few sites that may be helpful:
· Meet with an academic advisor to ensure you are on the right track for your college goals. Advising resources are available at: http://www.lonestar.edu/advising.htm
· Tools are available for time management, note taking, learning styles, test taking tips, and testing anxiety: http://www.lonestar.edu/academic-counseling.htm
· Get to know your personality type. Being familiar with your personality type and learning styles will help you improve your study and social skills. You can begin by making an appointment with the career counselor at your campus. I highly recommend that you take advantage of this free service in our counseling departments: http://www.lonestar.edu/career-services.htm#Career_Counselors
· Personal counseling is available also.
· Affiliation is very important for connecting to your college. Getting involved in activities at your college is a great venue for meeting friends and learning new skills. The best way to connect with others in college is through joining sports teams and clubs.
· LSCS Clubs: http://www.lonestar.edu/clubs-orgs.htm
· LSCS Sports: http://www.lonestar.edu/sports.htm
Let us know how your semester is going.
Melissa A. Rosson, M.Ed.
Academic Advisor-International & ESOL
9191 Barker Cypress Road
Cypress, TX 77433